Have you ever played the game of “Operation” as a kid? Most of us remember this classic, and maybe even get to play it with our own kids. Playing this game requires understanding the intricacies of the body and pretending to perform highly technical operations and procedures to score points, without getting “buzzed” by touching the metal tweezers to the metal parts around key organs.
You can apply this analogy to your business—it takes a series of highly developed skills to get to a point where your business runs smoothly and successfully. Let’s apply the idea of the game of “Operation” to the development of leads for your company, and have some fun with it while we learn a thing or two.
- The Brain: The brain is responsible for the strategic and critical thinking that is required to run a business.
- The Lungs: The lungs are the organ responsible for breathing in creativity and new ideas.
- The Heart: Loving what you do, and being true to the needs of your clients is important when running a successful business.
- The Gut: Trusting your “gut instincts” is important when making business decisions.
- The Left Hand: One of your hands should always be handing out value to your customers and potential prospects.
- The Right Hand: Your other hand should always be open to collecting the profits from your successful business!
- The Digestive System: The digestive system is responsible for processing everything that comes through your business and keeping the “nutrients,” or the things that will keep you in business.
- The Feet: The feet are the metaphorical way that you step into new opportunities and through new doorways. The feet get you in the door of lucrative lead sources!
When you use an anatomical model to frame your business, from the first ideas to your first payday, you can keep track of how all of the systems are running and make sure that everything is running smoothly. Keep the “body” of your business healthy and strong, and make sure that all of the intricacies of the systems are in good working order.
If you need any “operations,” make sure that you make those changes, to keep everything healthy without being zapped.