SEO, or search engine optimization, is often overlooked by health and wellness practitioners in their marketing plans. SEO is a strategy for increasing the amount of traffic a website receives from search engines. Without a solid SEO investment, a website is essentially non~existent.
As an example, consider the difference in having your business located within a busy mall, or on a busy street, compared to having a business located in the middle of a deserted island. In the latter example, even the random boats that passed by wouldn’t notice you! Considering the fact that 93% of internet users research buying decisions online, it should be a priority to make sure your business is found easily on the internet.
There are many reasons why every health and wellness practitioner needs to utilize SEO for their websites, especially if increasing profits is a priority.
1. Attracting new clients: When your website is optimized for the search terms your target market is using to solve their problems, it is much more likely that clients will find your website and seek out your services. (Provided of course that your website has the content the prospective client is looking for and feels compelled to reach out for more information).
2. Selling services: Websites that are equipped with a shopping cart of payment options can sell services to website visitors, which is an opportunity to establish additional streams of income.
3. Sell products: The higher a website is in the search engines, the more visitors it will have, and the more potential there is to sell products. Digital products are ideal for website sales, such as ebooks, podcasts, video trainings, and related resources.
4. Outsmart your competition: Over 60% of search engine users click only the first three search results. Therefore, high search engine ranking is critical in order to beat out the competition.
5. Reduced marketing costs: Once a website is optimized for the search engines, maintaining the site can be less expensive than paying for print ads, pay per click advertising, and radio or television marketing. The return on investment can be highly lucrative.
When it comes to SEO, having a WordPress website is one of the best (and Google friendly) short~cuts you can utilize. This site was recently moved to a WP platform, and we are already impressed with increased traffic and Google ranking. For more information on having your own WordPress website, check out this link: http://www.cherylheppard.com/switch-to-wordpress/
Remember, desert islands are great for vacations, but don’t let your business go there.